Ockam Open Source
Use Ockam Open Source for hacking and personal projects.
Please click the diagram to see a bigger version.
Ockam Open Source tools and programming libraries enable applications to:
- Safely Generate, Store, Rotate and Revoke Cryptographic Keys.
- Generate unique cryptographically provable Identifiers and manage private keys in safe Vaults.
- Enable Vault Add-Ons for various TEEs, TPMs, HSMs, Secure Enclaves, and Cloud KMSs.
- Create Credential Authorities to issue lightweight, fine-grained attribute-based credentials.
- Securely Issue, Store, Present, and Verify cryptographically verifiable Credentials.
- Define and enforce Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) Policies.
- Deliver messages reliably over any Transport topology using - Application Layer Routing.
- Create end-to-end encrypted, mutually authenticated, and authorized Secure Channels over multi-hop, multi-protocol Transport topologies.
- Enable Transport Add-Ons for various protocols TCP, UDP, WebSockets, BLE, LoRaWAN etc.
- Securely traverse NATs and protocol gateways using end-to-end encrypted Relays.
- Tunnel any application protocol through mutually authenticated and encrypted Portals.
- Operate in any environment - cloud virtual machines or constrained embedded devices.
- Integrate deeply using our rust library or run as an application sidecar process or container.
- Licensed under the Apache 2.0 open source license.
- Community Support.
If you use Homebrew, you can install Ockam using
brew install build-trust/ockam/ockam
Otherwise, you can download our latest architecture specific pre-compiled binary by running:
curl --proto '=https' --tlsv1.2 -sSf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/build-trust/ockam/develop/install.sh | sh
After the binary downloads, please move it to a location in your shell's